Instead of a meal plan for the rapidly diminishing week how about a list of things I want to eat but maybe not cook. Or it could be I want to cook them but not eat them. It is hard to say, other than I’ve been avoiding the kitchen since Tuesday, with the exception of a delicious buttermilk cake made in the cool of night. Though the joke ended up being on me since it didn’t get too hot the next day.
Produce lingering from the store: celeriac, celery
Produce fresh from the store: creamer potatoes, green beans, blueberries, cherries (at least I know all but the potatoes were localish)
Produce from the FM (lingering): purple potatoes, parsley
Produce from the CSA leftovers: chard, green onion
Produce from the CSA this week: arugula, cucumbers, zucchini, kohlrabi, cabbage, spinach
But what do I want to make?
- Arugula, Potato and green bean salad (the only reason I bought potatoes and green beans from the store – only to come home and learn I needed yogurt and walnuts too; still need to pick those up)
- Zucchini-Feta pancakes
- Tomato-Chard Curry with the chard, and maybe the spinach too
- Curried Red Lentils over hard-boiled eggs (doesn’t really use any veggies though I considered serving it alongside the chard)
- Naan, but I fear having the oven on that long, maybe I’ll cheat and go with frozen…
- frittata would be good for leftovers but it isn’t calling to me
- these purple potatoes but with what?
- cucumber, tomato and feta salad
Perhaps nothing is clicking because I have a produce drawer almost full of wintery vegetables (save the zucchini and cucumber) and the weather is anything but? I keep looking at celeriac recipes to get it out of my fridge and they are all very wintery (go figure, being a winter veggie and all). Hmm, since it isn’t too hot today perhaps a celeriac-potato puree with sauted greens and sauted zucchini? That sounds doable.