I had fabulous plans to use up the last of the produce in anticipation of Tuesday’s pick-up. Then I learned that I would be cooking for one and the planned pasta with herbs and a side of sauteed squash didn’t look so appealing, plus I had some mixed leaf lettuce, a lone roasted beet and 3 radishes to use too. So I made a salad instead. What makes a salad a meal? Large portions and lots of goodies (like yummy cheese and nuts).
- 1 teeny tiny pickling cucumber, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large roasted beet, peeled and sliced
- handful of raw pumpkin seeds
- small handful of dried cranberries
- crumbled gorgonzola
- balsamic vinaigrette