I need some plans. Right now I feel like I only use a minute part of our veggies per meal – and we don’t eat meat. Even when I use a lot of veggies, like last night’s massive chard use it leaves me with a lot of food (we ate 4 of the 18 phyllo triangles). It is like I can’t roll enough of them into one meal and end up with too many leftovers (of the uncooked variety) which starts me at each pickup overwhelmed. And my puny freezer can only hold so much stuff.
Tonight I’m making pizza topped with the beet greens as well as sun dried tomatoes and roasted garlic. I might serve it with a spinach salad. Later this week I can make a pasta-kale-white bean dish. And serve it with more salad.
- use the remaining spinach in eggs
- saute the radishes with the snap peas
- roast the beets
- roast or grill the squash
- make a cilantro pesto (does this freeze well?)
If only I could come up with a way to tie the sauteed radishes & snap peas with the roasted beets and roasted/grilled squash into an actual meal.
I still need ideas for
- parsley (it is huge bag of curly parsley)
- green onions (easy enough to use here and there)
- kohlrabi (which can be cut up for snacking)
- lettuce (anything other than really plain salad?)